For the finale of Survivor last week, I chose to theme my dessert after Boston Rob. (By the way, I can’t believe he won the game AND another 100,000. That’s just wrong!.)
Here is the recipe for Boston Rob Cream Pies!
1 recipe to make 12 of your favorite vanilla cupcakes
3 egg yolks
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 C. sugar
1 1/3 C. Milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon Mexican Vanilla
6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 C. whipping cream
1. Make your vanilla cupcakes
2. Add sugar, cornstarch and milk into a saucepan on medium heat. Whisk until the mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and whisk for two more minutes. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks lightly.
3. Add 1 cup of the hot mixture to the egg yolks a little at a time, while stirring constantly. Pour all of the mixtures into the saucepan. Cook and stir until it is again bubbly, and then cook an additional two minutes.
4. Remove from heat, and stir in the vanilla and butter until it is melted. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
5. Cut each cupcake in half and fill with the cream.
4. For the chocolate topping, microwave the chocolate pieces and the whipping cream for 1-2 minutes until chocolate melts. I didn’t have whipping cream, so I used whipped cream. Stir the chocolate until smooth.
5. Pour the chocolate topping over the cupcakes, and chill in the fridge for at least 1.5 hours before serving.